Shed/workshop - is this worth it?

Sponsored Links
you will have to strip a lot out to get to the securing screws[insulation electric etc]
if its nailed together will they come out without damage
is it modular construction or built from sheet or planks
how much will it cost to hire a lorry and a couple off helpers at each end
you will need new roof felt

you will have to strip a lot out to get to the securing screws[insulation electric etc]
if its nailed together will they come out without damage
is it modular construction or built from sheet or planks
how much will it cost to hire a lorry and a couple off helpers at each end
you will need new roof felt

Good points.

I suppose I could try knocking him down a few quid and swallow the rest IF it's worth it.

Will have to go and take a look, but am not sure what it is I'm looking for!

Maybe I should have a chat with a shed supplier first.

Best way would be, probably to take the glass out and lift it complete? Jack it off the base and put several straps around it and be gentle when lifting.

Its only 10' so it will just stick out a bit on the trailer. If you have to dismantle, make as few joints as you possibly can and number everything as you go.

But I'm guessing its in a back yard with limited or no entry, so ask hm for a price loaded? Or at least a hand dismantling it, after all you will be working on his property/back garden.

I'd say the new one includes erection, all they need is a level base?

Sponsored Links
Best way would be, probably to take the glass out and lift it complete? Jack it off the base and put several straps around it and be gentle when lifting.

Its only 10' so it will just stick out a bit on the trailer. If you have to dismantle, make as few joints as you possibly can and number everything as you go.

But I'm guessing its in a back yard with limited or no entry, so ask hm for a price loaded? Or at least a hand dismantling it, after all you will be working on his property/back garden.

I'd say the new one includes erection, all they need is a level base?

Cripes. I don't think I'm that strong, Mursal. :confused:

What lifting equipment would I need?

Dismantling it, and re-erecting it, the time spent, plus the expense of new timber for any bits you will invariably damage during the process, plus the cost of transport and help, you wouldn't be far off the cost of the new one, plus a whole load of hassle.

Different if he was giving it away...

If you can get it lifted off the base, a few jacks and a flat bed trailer from your local hire shop. But it wont be easy .........................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back