Shelves for garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, this is my first post so first of all.... hi and apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I’m looking to install some shelving in my garage but I’m unsure what the best wood is to use.
I want them about 2m wide and 60cm deep, they will be used for storage boxes.

Thanks in advance :)
Beege

Sponsored Links
After building my garage, I spotted a load of lengths of angle iron and a welder going very cheap, so bought them, cut and welded them to make 4x lots of shelves. I still have the electric welder. I made the shelf decks from pallet wood.

Plenty of choice really, consider Spur type shelving from floor to ceiling and 18mm ply....lots depend on what weight you need to carry. Extra supports may be useful at the outside shelf corners.
John :)

Plenty of choice really, consider Spur type shelving from floor to ceiling and 18mm ply....lots depend on what weight you need to carry. Extra supports may be useful at the outside shelf corners.
John :)
That looks like it would be ideal, thanks for the suggestion :)

Sponsored Links
After building my garage, I spotted a load of lengths of angle iron and a welder going very cheap, so bought them, cut and welded them to make 4x lots of shelves. I still have the electric welder. I made the shelf decks from pallet wood.
Sounds like a good idea but in all honesty I’m being really lazy and literally want something I can just screw to the wall in minimal time with very little effort :oops:
After being in the house nearly 5 years I’m starting to get a little fed up with a messy garage now.

Thanks so much for the suggestion though, it is appreciated.

Used spur shelving in my garage , with contiboard as its cheap and easy to wipe clean .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back