Ship lap fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A very simple question but can someone tell me what is the best to use for fixing shiplap onto a shed? Would screws be better than nails? What size type would be best? Many thanks for any help. Dee

Sponsored Links
Goodness, that was quick. I had a look at the video, if that shed is yours with all the goodies, it makes my little battery drill look a bit silly. Not sure what you mean by one only per plant bottom though. The laps are going to be about 8' long. Thank you, Dee

your shiplap will be ex 5 " [108mm coverage] or 6"[131mm coverage]
where ever you planks meet a supporting timber about every 400-600mm you have 1 screw in the bottom that both supports the bottom off that plank but the top off the other plank wood expands and contracts iff its "pinched " by 2 fastening it can split as it shrinks
yes that is my shed with far more tools 10 years on :LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the information, I understand what you mean now. I have a lot of work to do now. Very impressed with your shed. Thank you again, Dee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back