Ships foghorn, HELP

Water Hammer, the noise is caused by a washer vibrating, akin to a reed in a wind instrument. The water carries the sound through the pipework and amplifies it. Not necessarily the WC, I'd be looking at the stop tap if changing the WC Ballvalve hasn't solved it, (you may even feel a fine vibration from the stop tap when the noise is occurring.) Try turning it down and see if that helps.

Thank you very much mate, I will try this when I get in from work.
Appreciated (y)(y)

Sponsored Links
I changed the complete valve, not just the diaphragm, and in your words mate " FFS " its still the same, So changing just the diaphragm wouldn't have fixed it. Whats with the " FFS " no need for it, I was only asking for help, I would have changed it BUT because of the differences in noise turning on taps I asked for help. If you don't want to be polite and offer help what you doing on this forum ?

FFS It was only a suggestion that would have cost a few bob and done in minutes....Eliminating the said valve !!!

Do you have any "Monoflow " Mixer taps fitted with NRV's ?
Also check for loose vibrating jumpers in stop cock as "Hugalek" post.

FFS It was only a suggestion that would have cost a few bob and done in minutes....Eliminating the said valve !!!

Do you have any "Monoflow " Mixer taps fitted with NRV's ?
Also check for loose vibrating jumpers in stop cock as "Hugalek" post.

Appologies mate, you were correct. I put in another valve ( as i bought a pk of 2 ) and that solved the foghorn. Other valve ia getting sent back as must be faulty. Problem i have now is, turning on cold water at any tap and their is a slight squealing noise. Reduce pressure on tap and the squeal stops. As regards to mixer taps, yes there is a monoblok mixer in back kitchen and in the bathroom it is a mixed tap but with a shower attachment which fits in the centre, there is a lever to swutch between taps and shower.appologies for yesterdays post mate. Sorry but i dont know what nrv's are

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back