shock from laptop while in the bath

Sponsored Links
and like i said, im talking day to day life, not definitions cheers anyway alarm

Sponsored Links
Why are asking the question? You seem to have all the answer you need, without anyone trying to "help" you.

But just in case I have missed something, this laptop that is not touching the bath in any way and is on a lilen cloth is giving you shocks in while you are in the bath?

Day to Day life.

Low Voltage: 50 - 1000V AC or 120 - 1500V DC

no, anything i deem to be low voltage,,,,,,like a laptop charger, like i said thanks anyway alarm, speak to you another day......
any thoughts on the said shock guys????

wrong, anything i deem to be, im not doing an exam,,,thanks anyway alarm, soeak to you another day,,,,,,,,,you guys got any thoughts on the shock then??????

thats correct martin, its outside the bath and my wrist was just leaning on it as i typed

Is the bath correct earthed, there is a chap on here with a wonderful book out about this exact subject and you seem to be at the exact level of knowledge to really enjoy it. I will see if I can search out the tittle and author, it is here somewhere

yes i do, in definition, and i would say personally anything i came across lower than 110 as low voltage, like a 15v charger
250 olts AC is offcially defined as being Low Voltage.

You probably got a shock from mains voltage on the output of the charger. The mains voltage having tracked across the safety gap in the charger through moisture that had condensed on the PCB or the isolation transformer. The moisture being from water vapour from the bath meeting a cold PCB and/or components in the charger,

You were lucky in that you did not receive a serious shock. You may find the charger has suffered internal damage from moisture which could result it it over volting your laptop sometime in the future and wrecking the laptop's power supply,

yes into mains now but no shock now, cheers bernard for a sensible answer but it wasn't even steamy in there and the charger/transformer sits a metre away near the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back