shop door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our shop door sticks open. Its metal and has 2 adjustment screws in the top frame. How do i adjust it to totally stop it sticking open? I fiddled at one shop and cocked the door up so it banged lol. Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have some instructions knocking about for these, but If I remember the adjustments are for closing and latching speed. Best bet is to turn one of the adjusters, and count the number of turns you make. Let the door go and see what difference has been made - don't let it slam shut though, or you'll need a glazier as well. If the adjustment is too much, screw it back the number of turns you first made, then continue turning - again counting - make sense ?.

You want the closing seed sufficient that it will close the door without slamming it, and then braking just before the frame - when the latching speed will then complete the closure.

Can't really go wrong if you count the turns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back