Garage Door Sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My manual garage door has recently started sticking in the top right hand corner meaning I have to give it a kick at the bottom to get it to open from the inside in the morning. Obviously not keen on doing that for much longer as I'll end up sticking my foot through it...

Any suggestions on how to go about stopping it sticking? Feels like it has just slipped a bit to the right, but can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust it. All ideas welcome!

Chris
IMG_2346.JPG InkedIMG_2347_LI.jpg

Sponsored Links
When moving the door, does the guide rail on the right move? I had that problem and sorted it with an additional (countersunk) screw to hold it in place. And some silicone lubricant spray.

When moving the door, does the guide rail on the right move? I had that problem and sorted it with an additional (countersunk) screw to hold it in place. And some silicone lubricant spray.

Yeah, the movement along the rail is actually smooth. So, oiled the world out of it and no change- seems that the top of the door has shifted a few mm which is causing the stick. Will have to play with it tomorrow to see if I can move it back at all. Anyone know if there are any bolts generally that I’ll need to loosen to try and move the top over?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back