Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

No.

The poster was implying that these fat companies are getting free use of road infrastructure and not paying the same amount of tax as everyone else.

sponging parasites.

Sponsored Links
The poster was implying that these fat companies are getting free use of road infrastructure and not paying anything.

The poster (being JohnD) was doing his normal rant againt the wealthy; please stop trying to muddy the issue by being practical and to the point.

Are the taxes corporations pay much less than personal tax rates?

Corporation tax may be less, but what about overall revenue?

Companys have to pay corporation tax on profits, employers NI on their labour costs, energy cost on electricity and gas, fuel tax on vehicles and although not a tax (but is in reality) business rates.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn09.pdf

Income tax £182bn, Corp Tax £42bn

What do you do as a living?

Your argument that companies pay energy costs etc is so laughable - are you saying they should be exempt? We as individuals also pay for energy costs.

Can you state clearly your argument as you seem to be throwing mud at a wall and trying to find out what sticks.

The poster (being JohnD) was doing his normal rant againt the wealthy

Nonsense.

I am however very critical of people who don't pay their fair share, whether they are tax-dodging billionaires or tax-dodging plumbers.

Sponsored Links
So why post your displeasure and criticism on a DIY site, why not go somewhere where you annoyance will do some good, like a political site maybe.

Any one with any other suggestions, please feel free to add them here.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn09.pdf

Income tax £182bn, Corp Tax £42bn

Your argument that companies pay energy costs etc is so laughable - are you saying they should be exempt? We as individuals also pay for energy costs.

Can you state clearly your argument as you seem to be throwing mud at a wall and trying to find out what sticks.

Complete drivel

The tax companies pay is not just Corporation tax, which the point I was making and one you've ignored

Where do you get idea you can compare Income tax with Corporation tax?

Are you saying corporation tax is the only tax corporations pay?

Your conveniently simplistic comparison of income tax to corp tax does not take into account all taxes and business rates a business has to pay.

Nonsense.

I am however very critical of people who don't pay their fair share, whether they are tax-dodging billionaires or tax-dodging plumbers.

No you have a hobby horse rant without any interest in qualifying what you are saying, or being interested in discussion.

So why post your displeasure and criticism on a DIY site, why not go somewhere where you annoyance will do some good, like a political site maybe.

Any one with any other suggestions, please feel free to add them here.

He needs to get over his "plumber issues".

Complete drivel

The tax companies pay is not just Corporation tax, which the point I was making and one you've ignored

Your conveniently simplistic comparison of income tax to corp tax does not take into account all taxes and business rates a business has to pay.

so you're happy that everybody else has to pay, but a few wealthy multinationals and billionaires get away with not paying.

Complete drivel

Are the taxes corporations pay much less than personal tax rates?

Corporation tax may be less, but what about overall revenue?

Companys have to pay corporation tax on profits, employers NI on their labour costs, energy cost on electricity and gas, fuel tax on vehicles and although not a tax (but is in reality) business rates.

Do you even remember what you post? You tried to argue that Corp Tax was more similar to Income taxes. As usual you have no clue whatsoever. Then you try bolster your argument that Corps pay other taxes - well so do we as individuals.

Your argument has been exposed as usual. Income taxes are paid by individuals. Employing people is a cost - not a tax. Corps pay Employer NI.

Can you provide me with a corp tax return that states Employee income taxes paid and employee Nat ins contributions.

You have tried to allocate costs as tax.

Corps pay other taxes apart from corp tax as we do also.

Pay Tax :)

Amazon have been avoiding tax with the assistance of the Luxembourg government ;)

Apple have been avoiding tax with the help of the Irish government ;)

Greeks well er hmmm there tax avoidance is a national past time ;)

As for Spain well er hmmm what can u say :LOL:

Do you even remember what you post? You tried to argue that Corp Tax was more similar to Income taxes. As usual you have no clue whatsoever. Then you try bolster your argument that Corps pay other taxes - well so do we as individuals.

Your argument has been exposed as usual. Income taxes are paid by individuals. Employing people is a cost - not a tax. Corps pay Employer NI.

Can you provide me with a corp tax return that states Employee income taxes paid and employee Nat ins contributions.

You have tried t

Corps pay other taxes apart from corp tax as we do also.

You made the point in response to a warehouse, utilising UK infrastructure such as roads but not making a contribution to pay for it.

You said corporation tax is less than income tax.

In relation to a warehouse in the UK, my point is that a direct comparison between corporation tax and income tax is an oversimplification and does not consider other taxes. Other taxes that a UK warehouse would contribute to government revenue.

You then responded with a total revenue of corp to income tax -which still just continues to give the same simplified answer.

I know employing people is a cost, but nevertheless employers NI is still revenue paid to the HMRC. Are you saying that isnt case?

Also business rates, which is basically a form of taxation.

You do realise as MNC start to pay less and less tax then the burden will fall on the employees who the complain why are they paying so much in tax.

Then you have Woody et al defending the tax practices of the rich. He is a very well taught apologist.

Welcome to the republic of ireland

I noticed you seem keen on knowing what people do for a livibg.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us about your own occupation?

I think if you were to ask a majority of UK citizens, they would say that the highest earners must pay the larger percentage and would equate that to being fair. I don't think JohnD or anyone else believes everyone should pay the same percentage. Where did JD say we should all pay the same tax?

Most people will think that it’s fair for people richer than them to pay more than they do.

I accept the tax i pay though the days of 50% were a bit demoralising. I was on PAYE most of my working life so it was hard for me to stuff it through a company paying myself and the mrs minimum wage declaring low tax profits and sucking the rest up within dividends via capital gains as most of my mates did who were consultants/self employed

Sponsored Links
Back