Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

Typical MBK. He doesn't half post some unchecked drivel, lies and falsehoods when he's angry.
Double negative, but I think we get what you were trying to say..

Answer this: if the drives you tarmac or the extensions you build reduce the value of the homes you worked on - do you think you'd be in business?

The fact that:
- the value of the properties you work on generally go up, is the very reason people will borrow or save for the work you do.
- its often better financially to turn a 3 bed home in to a 4 bed home with an extension, than buy a 4 bed home is why people do the work
- the value of the house after the work can be more than the cost, is why people do the work.

Now imagine a world where house prices remained the same or went down in value. Does it matter? of course it does.

Sponsored Links
Answer this: if the drives you tarmac or the extensions you build reduce the value of the homes you worked on - do you think you'd be in business?
Yes of course I would. Most of the jobs I do are because people need an extra bedroom, or parking space, or a wall plastering, or a new kitchen or downstairs loo. I often have conversations with customers about what the work might do to value of their house. I have to be honest and frank and tell them the truth. The only really lucrative thing people can add to their homes is another bedroom. Other things may enhance the value a wee bit, whilst other things may just make their home more saleable than say the neighbours house. Other jobs will definitely put them into negative arrears like a flashy kitchen or bathroom re-fit.

If prices are descending, then that's the market.

House price inflation - a bad thing. Nonsense, it’s the very mechanism that fuels financing the house and attracting people to build the house

house ownership levels are falling because of house price inflation.

That has led to more houses being owned by the wealthy and less houses being owned by normal working people.

House price inflation is one of the reasons the wealthy keep accumulating assets…..which you think is a good thing.

Sponsored Links
Yes of course I would. Most of the jobs I do are because people need an extra bedroom, or parking space, or a wall plastering, or a new kitchen or downstairs loo. I often have conversations with customers about what the work might do to value of their house. I have to be honest and frank and tell them the truth. The only really lucrative thing people can add to their homes is another bedroom. Other things may enhance the value a wee bit, whilst other things may just make their home more saleable than say the neighbours house. Other jobs will definitely put them into negative arrears like a flashy kitchen or bathroom re-fit.

If prices are descending, then that's the market.
You seem to disagree with others in the industry who say a new kitchen and bathroom is one of the things most likely to increase the value.

Sponsored Links
Back