Should had checked for size of door frame for cylinder!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to this job, replacing old hot water cylinder due to limescale, starting to draining down heating, disconnect flow and return, removed pump, disconnect hot feed and cold feed.

Cut power to imm heater. The cylinder is 1200mm x 400mm, foamed, indirect, was resting on chipboard :rolleyes: .

Lay dustsheet on carpet, stairwell.

Got my trolley ready, as I knew it would have some limescale in it.

There is pipework, 3 port valve etc in front of cupboard, so I had to lift cylinder over to clear pipework.

By doing that, as I'm taking the cylinder out, it got jammed in by a door frame 2 feets off the floor above pipework and it weight a lot!!! :eek:

So I was standing there looking at it, huff and puffing, think how could I didn't measure the frame, it is 450mm wide but jammed by a door.

As I didn't want to drop it on pipework, I went to my van and got a small step ladder and stick it under it and drop it.

I start by removing door and door stop and I thought it would be best to cut the top off cylinder to removed limescale to reduce weight.

After 2 buckets of scale, I removed the cylinder.

Fit new plywood base and two batten, rest new cylinder in, reconnect pipework, test, all ok, refitted door.:cool:

I'll have to remember to measure tight airing cupboard first! :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back