Should I comment on neighbour plans or not?

Yeah, I assume so! Their plot is about 6 inches higher than ours, if they stood on their door step they'd easily look in.

where the door is and the fence at the office window i wouldnt worry to much about, i cant really see them peeking over the fence to purposely look into the window, you could always fit some trellis ontop of the fence.

the office which will be a bedroom, it looks like its already quite close to a building/wall of some sort, are they planning on building closer?

Sponsored Links
the office which will be a bedroom, it looks like its already quite close to a building/wall of some sort, are they planning on building closer?

yes, the new garage, with room above, will be in front of this. I guess their drive is about 3m wide, and the extension will be, I think, 0.8m from the boundary fence, so 1.6m from our house.

this is the side view. The front door is just to the right of the office window, garage side door in line with lounge window

plan.png

The view into the office/bedroom will be from the new dormer above their front door.

Because it is still a apex roof over the garage, light might not be such an issue really, and their house is white now, so hopefully will be rendered white again.

Last edited:
i do think it's worth mentioning either to them or the planners.

have the plans already had approval from the planning department, or have they just been submitted?

as it;s so close to windows the planning officer may well reject it.

Sponsored Links
recently submitted, comments until 17th March

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back