Should I Do Anything With This Connection To Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This connection from the toilet to soil pipe outside doesnt seem robust, however I haven't had any issues and there's no sign of any issues etc.

I was just going to box in the ugly sight.... However now I am wondering whether I should get a plumber round to fix a new one/make the connection better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
IMG-20200607-160701.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it ain’t broke, no need to fix it. Up to you in you want to replace it.

How big of job to fix it though? I might have a plumber round for other jobs soon, so thinking whilst the hood is up...

How big of job to fix it though? I might have a plumber round for other jobs soon, so thinking whilst the hood is up...

Depends what’s connected the other end, probably cast iron, which how much would you want to do? A ful, stack, the branch only - leaving a mismatch outside? Do any other services connect to the stack?

Sponsored Links
Depends what’s connected the other end, probably cast iron, which how much would you want to do? A ful, stack, the branch only - leaving a mismatch outside? Do any other services connect to the stack?

Yes its a cast soil pipe. No other services connect.

The OCD aspect of me, just looks at it - and thinks it looks messy and not the best connection - therefore just make it look a bit better and give me some reassurance that all fittings etc are new before I box in.

If you box in with something like this: PENDOCK-3-PIECE-JOINTED-8MM-MELAMINE-BOILER-PIPE-CASING-BOX-KIT-500mm-HIGH then if (unlikely) any problems develop later you can easily access it.

Ok, here’s what to consider: factor in cost of scaffold or mobile working platform (if required), cost of all the parts and labour and any making good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back