Should I get Worcester 30 si or Vaillent pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can you help I have two different quotes for the above boilers and dont know which one to get or should I get another? Every one on other forums says the vaillent is used on social housing - think the guy who quoted works for the council the other quote was more expensive but its the one British gas use and I am on their breakdown contract so it may be better in the long run. Is their another boiler that is as good or better for the same price please? appreciate your help. I live in Birmingham area

thanks

Sponsored Links
both very good middle of the road boilers my only input would be is that worcester have the better aftersales and customer service reliability ;)

Out of the two boilers i would get the vaillant v good boiler

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant is a social housing boiler. if you can stretch to the ecoTECplus series eg: 831 that would be my choice.

If you are an OAP or don't want to deal with the arsey Vaillant UK then Bosch customer retention and service is excellent.

I don't imagine there is any difference in cost above £40 either way so read the manuals and make your own decision.

The Worcester is smaller and can be piped from the top without an additional wall spacer, so this might make a difference in certain situations.

Hi

Please can you help I have two different quotes for the above boilers and dont know which one to get or should I get another? Every one on other forums says the vaillent is used on social housing - think the guy who quoted works for the council the other quote was more expensive but its the one British gas use and I am on their breakdown contract so it may be better in the long run. Is their another boiler that is as good or better for the same price please? appreciate your help. I live in Birmingham area

thanks

It sounds as if both your quotes are from people "working on the side".

That usually means that they are not gas registered except when doing their employer's work. They may not be able to notify the installation to Building Control either.

If you search this forums you will see several horror stories about how people come unstuck.

If you must follow that route then at least enbsure you know his full name and address, not the fase ones he may give you but one you can check out on the voters list on telephone book.

Make sure thre system is properly cleaned and the Benchmark Certificate and warranty form are filled in before you pay for the installation.

"Mick" and a mobile PAYG number are insufficient.

Tony

Get a Broag Remeha, you get top Quality at a reasonable price, the customer service is xxx too! ;)

Get a Broag Remeha, you get top Quality at a reasonable price, the customer service is xxx too! ;)

I agree totally.

Excellent all round value boilers, reliable and excellent support from the head office, bi it tech support, contract rebate claims or extended warranty.

They have so far treated me with the utmost professionalism and never got anything wrong ;)

Both are mediocre boilers, and vailant has earned itself a reputation for having the worst customer service of all.
I agree with Tony, both quotes sound like they come from people doing a bit on the side.
Forget about your british gas breakdown cover; spend a few quid more than you are looking at now, and get 5 year warrantee, parts and labour. That will save you about a grand in insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back