Should I have a Room Thermostat fitted on my System?

Thank you everyone for your advice and comments. I will be getting my local electrical engineer to do the wiring and installation of the Room Thermostat in the near future. Just one more question on this topic - I know how to set a Room Thermostat to the temp I like - and I like to be warm - but do I set all TRVs to max. so that the Room Thermostat is the main modulator? Oh, I did enjoy reading all your replies - even though you did all confuse me, a novice, with your disagreements. Makes me wonder about paying a PRO to come into my home and do a safe and legal job :) when there are - evidently - so many varieties of the legal situation regarding CH in a domestic home!

Sponsored Links
Set the TRVs as you see fit in each room. The thermostat is there as an overview so that if the overall ambient temperature is sufficient, then the boiler will be turned off and stop cycling instead of permanently running.

Thank you everyone for your advice and comments. I will be getting my local electrical engineer to do the wiring and installation of the Room Thermostat in the near future. Just one more question on this topic - I know how to set a Room Thermostat to the temp I like - and I like to be warm - but do I set all TRVs to max. so that the Room Thermostat is the main modulator? Oh, I did enjoy reading all your replies - even though you did all confuse me, a novice, with your disagreements. Makes me wonder about paying a PRO to come into my home and do a safe and legal job :) when there are - evidently - so many varieties of the legal situation regarding CH in a domestic home!

ok first you do req a room stat & i'm sorry if you got confused, however the rad where ever you fit the room stat must not have a trv on it (thats why most people fit it in the hall & that rad has two locksheild valves on it), it's not good enough just to have the trv on max, if you don't want to change the valve then you must take off the trv head, then just set the rest of the trv's to the temp that you req, i hope that's made it abit clearer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back