Should I just replace the shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Recently my Triton T90i stopped heating the water. Pressure has remained as before, i'm guessing it's the thermal safety switch and/or heater can. When I took the thing apart it struck me that the heater can is 50% of the machine! There is quite a bit of 'blackening' coming from the pump too and there is noticable wear on the slip rings, I assume the brushes will be on the way out soon too. Is it worth bothering replacing the faulty can or being reaistic should I just replace the whole thing?

(I should say the intention for this house is to let it out within 6 months as I'll be leaving the country, so for peace of mind and one less thing to go wrong while I'm not here for which I'd have to pay someone to come fix it)

Thanks for your thoughts. Any idea how much I'd pay for a Triton heater can?

Sponsored Links
A lot more in comparison to replacing the entire unit is the simple answer.

Buy a GOOD quality shower, something like a Mira. Triton are not as good as they used to be..still reasonable and value for money..just lost that edge over the last 5-6 years.

Cheers mate. Funny you should say that about Tritons, we had one in the house I grew up in and it's still going strong, the one that has just failed on me is 5 years old. Gonna buy a mira Zest, it'll do me for my needs. I heard a Mira needs a separate small feed tank like a central heating system is this true?

Sponsored Links
Nice one Kev. I'm pretty sure the Trtion T90 that's coming out is also mains fed, so a straight swap with any luck. To my knowledge we've never had a drop in mains pressure round here so i'll leave the current setup as is. don't think i'd have a 7m head anyway, so I've no choice :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back