Should I pay final invoice only when Fensa cert received?

I do all our certs generally every 4-6 weeks.
Fensa say 2 weeks which is doable on some jobs, Certass allow a month I think
Some jobs are done in stages and some are new build etc so are never done in one hit.
All ours are certified on completion (completion meaning the customer is fully satisfied) and on full payment.
That's our terms, nothing's asked for up front. Personally I think it's a fair process which works well for both parties.
If a customer is moving house then Fensa will issue a cover letter for the solicitor until the certs arrive.

Me too.
Ive got customers who only do 1 or 2 windows a year, It will be a decade by the time I get round to FENSA'ing them lol.
I just cant justify putting £80 odd on each window when a customer is only doing one at a time, Its a tax on the poor really.
Mind I really must get around to changing my insurance, GGF £47 odd per time.

Didn't know about the cover letter so thats handy to know.

Sponsored Links
Only the householder or the solictor dealing with the purchase/sale can request it I was told

Thank you all for your helpful comments.

To follow up, we paid our installer at the end of June. It took him a couple of weeks to register with FENSA, and we received the certificate today (Aug 12th).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back