Should i put two bolts into the top of my garage?

Well, what do you suggest to strengthen a weak as poop garage door?

There is not much that really can be done to improve them, unless something has actually come loose or broken on the door. You could add some asps and padlocks, to the upper part of the door, or even just sliding bolts if you have access via a smaller door.

Sponsored Links
Makes hardly any noise , they just back a vehicle slowly into the middle of the door and it folds in half, 3-4 secs and your in .

I see so they can break in quietly with a car and I guess using a vehicle would smash all the other suggestions people here have made. I must emphasis they would have to be very quiet. It's very close to flats. Very quiet location and off the main rpads. At top of hill on one way circuit which runs around flats so isolated. I guess site box is the only way if they use a vehicle .

If they come with crowbars or whatever my two bolts and metal strips to narrow the sides should be enough though?

If they know what's in the garage and want it, they will get in
If your garage is hard to get in, and they just want to nick something, they will go next-door.

the old up and overs used to just have a piece of wire rope to connect to a top centre spring bolt. People used to drill a hole in the path of the wire and pull it with a hook. An old porter at work lost his Vincent motorbikes that way. He wasn't rich, they had just been "old" when he bought them. I don't think he ever got over it.
My garage door has four point locking but I still take extra precautions ( semi detached with built in garage~)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back