Should I radius slab edges?

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've done footings and bedding/haunching before but am going to cast my first surface exposed slab.

Looking at YouTube videos they are all USA and seem to use a corner trowel to round off the edges:

Is that normal UK practice too? Or is there a normal way here of easing the edges to provide frost and damage resistance?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Deffo bull nose it, or the edge will get knackered. Same as for a floor slab under a garage door

Sponsored Links
Yep bins and mower going over it.
You need to wait until the muck has hardened a wee bit. There's nowt wrong with getting the initial shape, whilst the conc' is pliable. But to get a good wearing tight finish, you need to work the trowel, when the gear has stiffened quite a lot. We've laid in the morning and still been faffing about at 6:00 p.m.

Yep bins and mower going over it.
Reminded me when I was a kid and dad would let me cut the grass with the Atco cylinder mower and I would end up shaving the edge of the slabs with it - eventually they were rounded off enough so the mower didn't catch any more :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back