Should I replace these manifolds?

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed two radiators upstairs (they will be moved and replaced) and have capped the pipework near the manifold. See picture. It looks a bit of a mess. I guess one of the original copper manifolds leaked and was replaced. There also seems to be a lot of corrosion on the microbore.

Would you leave this as is (if it ain't broke...) or is this a good time to replace? I could:
  • Replace the copper manifold only, or both feed and return
  • Run the new pipes in 10mm plastic or change to 15mm
  • Leave most of the existing 8mm in the loft space and run new 8mm / 10mm where needed

I don't want to waste time or money but am wondering if now is the time to renew before something breaks. If I want to run the new rads in 15mm I can also do that.

Thanks

bsr

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_132355.jpg
    IMG_20180930_132355.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Entirely up to you. Does the central heating system work well ? If so then you are going to spend time and money for what ,to possibly avoid a future leak ,so it all looks pretty ? What exactly would your reason be ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back