Should I worry about dumping a bathroom suite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The first job I did when I moved into my current house a mere 17 years ago was to rip out the old suite from the downstairs bathroom and replace it with a shiny new one. Now my wife says it looks old fashioned and it has to go.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it!
It occurs to me that you professional plumbers out there must be doing this week in week out and probably most of the ones you rip out are half the age of mine (or less).
Some future archeologist is going to find millions of bathroom suites in a big hole in the ground and wonder what they are all doing there.
Does anyone else worry about this waste or am I hopelessly out of date.

Sponsored Links
With all the legislation, and licences to carry waste Ad nauseam.........I leave the suite @ the customers house+ let them have the hassle . They are told this before the job is started :)

put it this way, how would you like me to dump a bathroom suite in your garden

take it to local tip (or if its cast break it first then put it in the bin, one piece at a time :LOL: )

Our local Hospice Charity Shop also has a furniture depot - I took our 'old' bathroom suite there, and they were pleased to have it to sell - it'll raise some money for them, save being in a land-fill, and someone with an even older suite will have an inexpensive refurbished bathroom. Nobody loses!

Sponsored Links
Malcolmkeith said:
Some future archeologist is going to find millions of bathroom suites in a big hole in the ground

I think you will find that they are crushed before internment! ;)

Malcolmkeith said:
Some future archeologist is going to find millions of bathroom suites in a big hole in the ground and wonder what they are all doing there.
And a Tony Robinson type chappie will be commenting, "This was obviously a High Status residence. We've counted over seventeen hundred bathrooms and still unearthing more", while a Phil Harding type is raving about all that po'ery :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back