Should new external gas pipe be concealed/protected?

Have none of you ever come across a situation that requires fixing by a builder and not a gasman ?
Not yet, luckily i have more than one trade under my belt :)
Have none of you ever underpriced a job, only to realise that there is more work and materials required once started ?
Yes and i made a loss as i had made the mistake, a price is a price and unless something happens which is beyond your control then you discuss that with the customer and come to an agreement, not just slap in on the bill.
Especially on cheapy cheap jobs....?
I don`t do cheapy cheap jobs, i just do the job and charge the price given.

and that will be unfairly deducted from the fitters price
not unfairly at all, the guy should have done the job right the first time round.

Sponsored Links
Oi Gas Head your Halo's a bit on the heavy side.
Should change your handle to 'Perfect Gas Fitter' it suits your style more.

Who mentioned anything about a full written quotation anyway, thats a different kettle of fish, entirely.

:rolleyes:

Who mentioned anything about a full written quotation anyway, thats a different kettle of fish, entirely.

Mr corgi gave us the bill last week, (more than the agreed price ofcourse), so we have'nt paid for labour yet.....should we withhold part payment or someth
The op mentioned the price was fixed, perhaps you missed that.

not unfairly at all, the guy should have done the job right the first time round......from LittleLeaks

Theres a name for perfectionists like you; the clue is that its between a womans legs but a little higher up internally... :evil:

I've never met any tradesmen that hasn't made a mistake of one kind or another, all we can do is hope that these mistakes are not too costly(like those of the Banking fraternity) or too difficult to fix.

I know many plumbers who are plumbers alone, trained and certified but they wont touch any other trade as long as they've got a hole in their
A R S E...!

Sponsored Links
Ok screw you, i do a good job and do not present a bill until the job is completed, that does not make me a perfectionist it makes me a TRADESMAN.
Yes we make mistakes, i have but i have fixed those at my own cost, and only when it`s all back the way it was was when i started will i bill someone, i feel sorry for you if you think doing a half assed job and then overchargeing is ok.

Oi Little Legs don't get yer knickers in a twist......

You are making assumptions about the whole scenario and years ago bad evidence could get someone hung, unnecessarily....!

And NO, I dont agree with ripping anyone off at all, whether it be through price or bad workmanship.

I also dont agree with ripping the tradesman off, by introducing another character to complete what could of been completed by the tradesman, even if you do have to give him a nudge to do it.

NUFF SED, Mr DREDD........ :LOL:

I stand by what i said, screw you. You call me a c**t and try to laugh it off
I gave my advice to the op based on what i would do and on how i do a job. I believe it is good advice, the final choice is his.

We all have different ways of doing things, personally i would never leave a gas pipe unprotected from the elements (i would denzo the pipe or tell the homeowner to paint it) dont care if the rules tell me i dont have to. Also if he has ruined the joists (if) tell him you want them repairing or you will employ a joiner and take the cost from his bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back