/// - should read problem with noisy loo after flushing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this should read: i have a "humming" sound after i flush the loo - a friend suggested it could be something to do with pressure. can you advise? Sorry I mucked up the original question!

please read the forum rules ;)

Sponsored Links
most probably caused by float operated valve rapidly opening and closing as the cistern fills causing humming which pipes etc amplify and transmit around the house. take valve apart and clean up any limescale / grit etc in there might solve it. If toilet fed from mains check that a flow restrictor (small cone with a hole in it) has been placed in the supply pipe. as diyer try to clean first as a pro i never bother trying to fix faults on site its much quicker (and cheaper for the customer) to swap them for like for like its not hard too do so dont worry about costing an arm and leg if you dont fancy tackling it yourself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back