Should this ceiling have insulation

Fantastic. thanks very much for the education.

So the finished article would be a canted ceiling right ?

Sponsored Links
One other thing, with using the 100mm insulation and a 40mm overboard, i cant have spot lights which is what has been wired. any solutions or just use a lofy insulation in this case and have some tiny air brick there or make a small hole for ventilation on the wall ?

Sponsored Links
I have no idea about the loft insulation, I guess it would work. I’ve only used the solid boards in a loft conversion and it’s nice and warm.

One other thing, with using the 100mm insulation and a 40mm overboard, i cant have spot lights which is what has been wired. any solutions or just use a lofy insulation in this case and have some tiny air brick there or make a small hole for ventilation on the wall ?
You can batten under the insulation to make a service void in the warm side if you need it. Or you can cut lumps out of the insulation as long as you watch out for air tightness and thermal bridging

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back