Should UK have a National Grid?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I mean, a public utility that is publicly owned. That is funded by the nation, developed and run for the benefit of the naion? That does not syphon off profits to divert to others at the expense of the nation?

And perhaps integrated with a national energy generation and supply authority?

Sponsored Links
I believe that all utilities & most of our services should be nationalised & staffed by non unionised personnell.

I believe that all utilities & most of our services should be nationalised & staffed by non unionised personnell.
What a great idea with next year being the 200th anniversary of the legalisation of Trade Unions when growing numbers of workers joined to achieve better wages and working conditions.

The right of workers to negotiate collectively are not within the scope of the thread.

Quite likely there will be people willing to dispute with the dork when he starts one.

Sponsored Links
I mean, a public utility that is publicly owned. That is funded by the nation, developed and run for the benefit of the naion? That does not syphon off profits to divert to others at the expense of the nation?

And perhaps integrated with a national energy generation and supply authority?
definitely

I dont mind if its a private company under public ownership like EDF in France or nationalised

I dont know how it could be achieved politically though -given the recent lies by the right wing media when Starmer said he wanted to improve our EU deal, I would say any mention of national ownership would begin a war of lies

Back