Should.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
......the person wanting to return to the UK consider the fact that she has married a Dutch National and therefore ought to consider going there?

Sponsored Links
I thought he was dead? personally I don't want said individual back, nor do I think do most people.

Sponsored Links
"Riedijk, who is among a group of Arnhem men under investigation by Dutch police, fled from the village of Baghuz with Begum around a fortnight ago.

He is reported to have since surrendered to fighters allied to the Syrian Democratic Forces, while his wife is at a refugee camp in northern Syria."

From the Mirror.

The only thing I'd read about him was that she didn't know where he was, and that if he returns to Holland, he goes to prison.

......the person wanting to return to the UK consider the fact that she has married a Dutch National and therefore ought to consider going there?
That option depends on the timing (pre/post 29/03/19) and 'deal' or 'no deal' ;)

Leaving aside the legal requirements of whether the UK has to allow her to return.

Should she arrive at Heathrow or somewhere on the Kent coast then obviously the UK will have to decide what to do.

Until then it is surely irrelevant. She is in Syria where she chose to be.

Given that she risks persecution if she returns to the UK, I think she can go to holland and claim asylum.

she has married a Dutch National
But has she?

i.e. has she gone through a properly constituted ceremony in a recognised legal jurisdiction?

I'd not be surprised to learn that under Dutch law, or UK law, she is not married.

Given all concerning factors that's pretty irrelevant.
Nope, it's totally relevant...

Or don't you understand that if we leave with a 'no deal' then after 11pm on 29/03/19, UK citizens no longer have the right to move to and live in an EU country? - married or not!

Funny how the facts so often scupper your argument so that you can add no more, eh sammy :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back