Shower design - what do you think?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone knowledgable enough have a look at my system design, to see if it works out?

I did a model in google sketchup, took me ages.. It's how I'm planning to install everything. Do my plans look ok?

A list of the main parts:

42 gallon polytank
HWC 18"x32"
stuart turner monsoon 2 bar
hansgrohe ecostat 1001 therm mixer unit with croma 100 shower head
all pipe work 22mm
york flange to tank

What do you reckon?

Constructive advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
its very pretty, Im a little unsure of some of your pipework and where it appears to disappear however, what do you intend to use as a primary heat source?

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/pdf/G-Monsoon Positive Twin Diagram.pdf

thought this might be of some use to you ;)

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/default.aspx?page=281

and at the end of the day that set up i ripped out years ago when i fitted a combi which now gives me a shower at full mains pressure, doesnt take up all that space and doesnt sound like a dentists drill on steroids :LOL:

That cylinder's about 100 litres.
You'll probably be using about 12 litres/minute of hot water, so 8 minutes.
OK?

That looks like a Surrey flange? OK.

Wouldn't bother with 22mm pipes from the pump. All the H & C is going to have to get through a 10mm id hose.

Thanks for looking guys..

Re: whatdoiknow. Primary heat source is gas fired back boiler heating coil running through tank. Sorry I don't understand what you mean by pipes disappearing to, If you meant the mixer feeds from the pump. They go through the wall into the bathroom..

chrisr. apparently this mixer has an eco setting of 10 l/min, also if I want a longer shower I thought I could just close down the mixer a little bit, obviously not enough as to cut the flow rate below 0.6 l/min the flow meters need to operate.

Yea it's a York Flange as the tank union is 1" male.

Why do the pump manufacturers recommend 22mm pipe all the way through?

I understand what you said about the 10mm id S connectors on the mixer.
Effectively a flow restrictor. what difference would there be if the flow restriction was on the pump feed side?

Sponsored Links
Idoknotknow:

Sorry mate I think you might be meaning the pipes above the hot water cylinder going into the coldwater tank? The cold water tank is in the attic directly above the shower. I just didn't have time to draw the whole attic ;) I'll save that till next year when I do my loft conversion..

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back