Shower Dilemma

Thanks terry.

Ideally, as I've said in the other thread, I'd prefer not to muck about fitting a tank and a pump etc....

I know I keep carping on about this shower, but please bear with me.

Before I commit to a pump, I'm doing some final research on the net to see if it's at all possible to find a shower that would allow a better flow without pumping ore whether I really am peeing in the wind!

The Triton bar valve I have is rated at 3 litres per minute at 0.1bar, which is the head I have.

The old shower was an Aqualisa Classic Aquavalve 200 installed in 1985. It had 22mm pipe all the way into the unit and worked satisfactorily.

The modern Aqualisa units I'm told are 15mm, but the advice is to bring 22 as close as possible, then reduce down.

The units that has been recommended are: Aqualisa Midas MD201BAR or MD301BAR. These are made specifically for low pressure gravity systems and offer up to twice the flow of competitors products.

http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/Trade/our...em-with-adjustable-height-head--Low-pressure/

Given that I'm not looking for a fantastic rip-your-skin-off pumped shower, do you think this would work?

Sponsored Links
Errrr..... Spend more money on a shower that may or may not work and discard one I'd already paid for?

Buy the pump
Change the cws tank

At least you know you are getting a good shower, problem solved

That's my advice, but then even my kids don't listen to me

Don't get me wrong, terry!

I'm not trying to be awkward and I'm grateful for your kind advice and help ringing Salamander. As I said, I'd just like to fully investigate the possibility of another shower before discarding it and going with your plan.

Yes, I've already bought a shower. But the way I see it is this:

My end objective is a satisfactory flow from the shower.

I want to achieve this by the cheapest means possible.

I have bought a shower, £80, which I can sell, albeit as second hand.

But, IF, and I realise it is a big IF........IF I can replace the existing shower with one that will do the job without all the expense of a bigger tank and a pump etc... then I'd be a happy bunny.

I'm just looking for some tech figures on flow rates @ 0.1 bar for that shower, but can't find any so far....

Silly question....I spoke to a plumber who suggested that increasing the tank size would help the flow, that's not the case is it?

Sponsored Links
You need to post the question to someone like gas wizard and he will have all the calculations, the mans like a machine, as long as you give him what he needs.

Im far from getting tired of it, it's just we have a different approach to things.

I personally would fit the pump, that doesn't mean I would stop helping you if I can.

Phone the manufacture of the shower and find put what details they need from you to give you an awnser. They will know what they're product will do.

They will probably want to know the height of the tank to shower head, the size of your tank.

It would only create more head if the body of water is higher, longer would be the same amount of head/flow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back