Shower disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which one to go for.

I'm hoping for some kind soul/bathroom genius to give me a little wisdom about how to retrieve a c@@kup I've made.

I'm fitting a new shower enclosure into a downstairs (basement) bathroom. I've built a base out of timbers on 300mm centres topped by a sheet of 18mm exterior ply. This is all screwed together and screwed down into the concrete floor. I have then stuck the (stone resin) shower tray down to it with lots of tile adhesive (yesterday).

Overnight I've been struck by a horrible thought: is there enough clearance between the tray and the fairly low ceiling for the glass screens. You can guess the answer :cry:

The shower screens I have are 1850mm in height, including the runners at the top. The gap is 1830mm.

Please does anyone have a bright idea how to fix this problem? I'm currently thinking I'm going to have to somehow remove the tray from the ply (without damaging it) and lower the underlying timbers.

Sponsored Links
The tile adhesive will only be holding the tray from suction, it'll not have set properly. Slide tray off instead of trying to lift it. Use levers against the wall if necessary.

Next time, measure twice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back