Shower, Electric or thermostatic mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Great forum so thought i`d see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I`ve just had a Worcester greenstar 30cdi combi fitted and had to disconnect my old power shower.

I`m not sure on what to fit next. I`ve tested the flow and also the mains pressure and got the following results using a shower mixer head already connected to the taps.

Cold 10.5 l/m
Hot 7 l/m
Combined 12 l/m

Mains pressure is reading 1.5 bar or 22 psi on the gauge with no taps open but when i`ve ran both hot and cold taps together at the kitchen sink it has dropped down to .5 bar.

Thanks for reading, any replies are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I always struggle to find a reason for fitting an electric shower when there is a half-decent combi boiler. Even with slightly low mains pressure, which there shouldn't be with that boiler fitted, you'll get way more hot water through the combi than from any electric shower I know of. 12 l/min is a nice shower although you're really the one that has to judge that.

Get yourself a nice mixer shower, it will still be cheaper than an electric one. You'll save masses of money on heating the water and have a better shower experience to boot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back