Shower Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help.

I am looking at installing an overhead shower extrator fan which is an "Inline" version (ie) the actual electrical unit is sited in the loft space and not in the bathroom itself.

Can anyone advise if i will need to gain certification from a part P electrition for this installation or would you suggest i gain an electrician to do the whole job.

Sponsored Links
If your not confident, dont touch it. Always better to use Mr Sparks. However this could be deemed small works and should not require part p certification.

Be sure to do correctly.

delmel said:
...this could be deemed small works and should not require part p certification.

This is not a criterion for notification. Altering a circuit in a bathroom requires notification, even if it only needs a Minor Works Certificate.

Sponsored Links
Point of information: If the fan and the wiring are in the loft, I don't see that it is "electrical work in the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back