Shower Flanges

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day to you all.

I'm fitting a shower pump onto my water system (gravity fed). Cistern is in the loft and cylinder in the airing cupboard.

For the cold I plan to take a 22mm run staight from the cistern (opposite end to the inlet ball valve) and fit with a full-bore (i.e. non-restricting) isolation valve.

For the hot I realise I will have to fit a flange to prevent air getting in the pipework/pump, the question is, which flange?

I have done a search and the 2 main contenders are the Essex flange or the York flange (my cylinder has a 1" BSP male outlet so Surrey won't fit).

I know you will have your personal preferences, but I'd be interested to hear the reason for your preference too.

So far I can think of

+Essex: No need to disturb existing hot water pipework
-Essex: Danger of dropping it into tank (something I believe I would do!)

The pros & cons of the York flange are the opposite to the above but I was wondering which is more likely to happen.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back