Shower from 24kW combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I expect to get a decent shower from a 24kW combi boiler? (My water pressure is excellent, and I'd go for a thermostatic mixer.)

I've heard people say you need at least a 28kW combi for a good shower, but 24kW is more than double the biggest electric showers available, so I don't see why a 24kW boiler would not give a good shower. :?:

Sponsored Links
it all depends what your used to. It will deliver about 9-10 l/min flow rate. so measure your current flow and see how it compares. For many people its adequate, but if you've had better it may seem a bit dissapointing.

As Mickyg says, it will deliver a 9 litre HW flow rate, compared to an electric one which could turn out just 3 litres.

Bear in mind you mix some cold in as well, so a shower off a 24kW boiler would normally be very good, 11 -12 l/m typ - unless your idea of a shower is a drench head and 20 litres per min.

If your not pinned to the floor then it's not good enough for me :LOL:

a 24kw boiler will give you one good shower at a time IMO

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, that's good to know. I'm used to electric showers, so I'm sure I'll be happy with a 24kW combi shower. :)

Even the most rubbish combi will give a shower that is far better than electric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back