Shower hosepipe - Best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So

I've got two showers

One is a Triton Cara 10.5Kw electric shower, and the other is gas

When I contacted this company, they said when it comes to the electric one, the best one is to stick with the manufacturer of the shower and they recommended this

I'm not entirely sure why the "best" would be from the same manufacturer. Surely they all work interchangeably? Why would it be different if it's electric? Does anyone know what the best shower hose is for my gas powered shower too? I don't know what brand that is

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The shower hose,and shower head ,that come with an electric,instaneous ,shower are not necessarily the same as others that are available from other sources.
The internal bore ( diameter)of the hoses vary ,as do the holes/ spray pattern of shower heads.
That's why it's wise to replace with manufacturers replacements.
Your other shower that's " gas powered", is it under Mains water pressure ,gravity supply, or pumped ??

The shower hose,and shower head ,that come with an electric,instaneous ,shower are not necessarily the same as others that are available from other sources.
The internal bore ( diameter)of the hoses vary ,as do the holes/ spray pattern of shower heads.
That's why it's wise to replace with manufacturers replacements.
Your other shower that's " gas powered", is it under Mains water pressure ,gravity supply, or pumped ??

Thanks for that. So, I'm not entirely sure when it comes to the gas powered one. Would a photo help? I'm not sure how much that would help you know what kind of gas powered shower it is too

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. So, I'm not entirely sure when it comes to the gas powered one. Would a photo help? I'm not sure how much that would help you know what kind of gas powered shower it is too

Thanks
Is your hot water supplied from a combi boiler ?
Or a hot water cylinder with a cold water storage tank in the loft ?

Don't know what is the best but personally & in my experience I would steer clear of s/fix & the like. Suppose like most things you get what you pay for.

Is your hot water supplied from a combi boiler ?
Or a hot water cylinder with a cold water storage tank in the loft ?
Hey

So it's from a combi boiler. There's no cylinder. The boiler is literally a door away from where the gas shower is

I don't mind buying Mira. I am after all, after the absolute best but Mira have lots of different jibes and I'm not sure what's the best "of the best" too

Best hoses I've ever come across are the Mira's, largest bore I've found but they aint cheap.
I take it that's just for the gas powered one? I figure these things are typically sub £100 anyway. They're expensive for what they are but if they last you long enough, it's hardly an issue

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the hose that runs from the shower outlet to the shower head/handset?

If so they are well short of £100 ... the Miras can be around £25 to £30 but most of the others are around £15 or less

Can we also confirm the gas powered shower ... do you mean that you have a gas fuelled boiler that starts up when you run the shower?

Hey

So it's from a combi boiler. There's no cylinder. The boiler is literally a door away from where the gas shower is

I don't mind buying Mira. I am after all, after the absolute best but Mira have lots of different jibes and I'm not sure what's the best "of the best" too
As your " gas" showers hot water is provided by a combi boiler its fed with mains pressure water . Mira hose with large internal bore would be fine.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the hose that runs from the shower outlet to the shower head/handset?

If so they are well short of £100 ... the Miras can be around £25 to £30 but most of the others are around £15 or less

Can we also confirm the gas powered shower ... do you mean that you have a gas fuelled boiler that starts up when you run the shower?
Essentially, yes. I have one shower that's electric and one that's powered by gas, in the same way that a hot water tap is powered by gas (from the combi boiler)

I've noticed that the Mira ones have different prices at different locations ie: the cheapest Mira hosepipe at the Mira website might be the most expensive one elsewhere, so I've no idea what model to get either

As your " gas" showers hot water is provided by a combi boiler its fed with mains pressure water . Mira hose with large internal bore would be fine.
Thanks. Do you have any recommendation of model? They have Mira logic, response, response smooth etc...

The hoses aren't any model, they are just hoses, price really depends on length. Just get the length of Mira shower hose @ 11mm ID you need from the cheapest supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back