shower issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i decided to fit out my en-suite in my bedroom all the plumbing was in place with pipes appearing a few inches from the ground. where the shower would go there is one pipe, from that i assumed that the pipe would be mains supply for a electric shower because only one pipe but when i checked i discovered the water's warm which means it's coming from my tank right? for a mixer shower to go there do i not need cold supply as well,what are my options about what kind of shower i can put here????

thanks
fionn

Sponsored Links
laffo said:
for a mixer shower to go there do I not need cold supply as well,

I take it you like scalding hot showers :LOL:

Suggest you get the plumber back to explain how he has plumbed this pipe.

If you want an electric shower, ask him to run a mains supply to it. :D

Suggest you get the plumber back to explain how he has plumbed this pipe.

this would have been done when the house was build over 6 years ago to plumb one hot pipe (strange)! since there's a hot pipe there may as well use it just need to run a cold pipe from above i suppose.might take that on if i knew which pipe to tap into

fionn

Sponsored Links
When you say the waters warm

Is that an assumption from just touching the pipe
Or have you opened it

Some cold feeds can be warm and even hot if they run next to a hot feed.

Just seems unlikely not to be a cold feed.

laffo; go back and read your posts and try to forget your knowledge of your own circumstances, then you will see how inadequate the information that you supplied is. We give our time / experience freely here, but tire when our efforts are abused. We don't have crystal balls, so..........

the system that supplys my hot water is a tank in the hot place, oil centrel heating, gravity feed system tank in the loft

DIWHY Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:32 pm Post Subject:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(When you say the waters warm
Is that an assumption from just touching the pipe
Or have you opened it
Some cold feeds can be warm and even hot if they run next to a hot feed )

i have opened the pipe and fitted a valve and i will check to see how hot the water is again you may be right about it running next to say a hot feed.

i checked it again its definately a hot water supply!!

Don't suppose the loo's nearby - that might have a cold gravity feed?

ChrisR, yes as well as the sink but both are all ready installed plus the floor tiles around them, it would be easer to run a pipe from the tank in the attic than dig up floors and run a pipe from either of them!

(apology at this stage i should say i live in a bungalow)

i was up in the attic and i'm no expert as you can tell but i'v susted out wots wot as far as the pipes are concerned, i know the mains feed going into the tank in the attic it's a 15 mil pipe, 3 22mil pipes going out of the tank in the attic i followed them and know where each goes,only one stays cold when the heating is on and goes straight underground the other 2 going into the hot water tank one to the bottom and one to the top, the one going under ground is the cold water gravety pipe i'll take a feed from that run that to the shower location.

ive decided to get a mixer valve that can take 0.01 bar pressure install that and see if am happy with everything

thanks for your input everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back