Shower keeps going cold

Sponsored Links
I dont have to phone them up , I work on their stuff on a daily basis, I am not the one hoping that someone will tell me that using leak sealer is a good idea, you have not given any facts at all, Worcester do not advise the use of any leak sealer, maybe you called Fernox, of course they would recommend the use of it

I dont have to phone them up , I work on their stuff on a daily basis, I am not the one hoping that someone will tell me that using leak sealer is a good idea, you have not given any facts at all, Worcester do not advise the use of any leak sealer, maybe you called Fernox, of course they would recommend the use of it

You don't want to phone them up as you know what they will say lol

just keep asking and someone will tell you that it is a good idea then you have the answer you wanted

Sponsored Links
When was the system inspected for possible water leaks ?,they are easy to find.

just keep asking and someone will tell you that it is a good idea then you have the answer you wanted

If you are going to have a disagreement with me Ian at least get your facts right instead of arguing with me with no facts.
Not that I have to justify however on this occasion I will.

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/literature/download/6720818079

"▶ In cases where all attempts to find a micro leak have failed, Worcester, Bosch Group supports the use of Fernox F4 leak sealer."

So there are my facts where are your's Ian?

Attachments

• Greenstar 25-30 Si Compact Combi Operating Instructions.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 233
. I just don't want to have spend a fortune on a plumber for him not to even resolve the issue.
A gas service technician would have sorted it out at this very early stage.

another problem is the boiler keeps on loosing pressure as it seems almost every 2 months I need to top it up

Having to top up won't help with corrosion in your system and can speed up the blocking up of your heat exchanger

its got a leak somewhere.

Date gap of 2 years and boiler being used with known defects (n)

Ok so I am still having this problem I noticed the boiler was losing pressure, so paid a plumber to come around and put some fernox F4 leaksealer and some Fernox F1 protector.

When was the system inspected for possible water leaks ?,they are easy to find.

Worcester advice,WARNING: Sealing agents ▶ Normally the addition of sealing agents to the system water is not permitted as this can cause problems with deposits left in the heat exchanger. ▶ In cases where all attempts to find a micro leak have failed, Worcester, Bosch Group supports the use of Fernox F4 leak sealer.

This is a new install it should be free of water leaks.
There has not been any attempts to correct the pressure problem.
No mention that the boiler has been serviced since install.

So relying on Worcester advice is flawed.

A gas service technician would have sorted it out at this very early stage.

Incorrect I have 3 Gas Safe Engineers unable to fix. Ignorance is bliss I guess?

Date gap of 2 years and boiler being used with known defects (n)

And your point being?

Worcester advice,WARNING: Sealing agents ▶ Normally the addition of sealing agents to the system water is not permitted as this can cause problems with deposits left in the heat exchanger. ▶ In cases where all attempts to find a micro leak have failed, Worcester, Bosch Group supports the use of Fernox F4 leak sealer.

(So I have followed their procedure and your point being?)
Was I suppose to keep paying an opinionated plumber £80 an hour not to fix the root cause?)

This is a new install it should be free of water leaks. (It is free of leaks now as I have used leak sealer!)
There has not been any attempts to correct the pressure problem. (Incorrect a micro leak was fixed taking down a stud wall)
No mention that the boiler has been serviced since install. (Incorrect it has been service every year by a Gas Safe Engineer)

So relying on Worcester advice is flawed.[/QUOTE] (That's your opinion which is subjective )

And you wonder why Gas Engineers get a bad rep they charge £80 an hour and talk the talk yet don't walk the walk.

Well I am not getting any useful advice from you guys so I will take my chances with Worchester.

PS, I have unsubscribed from this form.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back