Shower not affected by running taps etc??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to instal a new shower and would greatly appreciate some advice.

Is it possible to have a powerful, 'drenching' shower that is not affected every time someone runs a tap or flushes the toilet?

I am not a plumber, and will probably get one in to do the job. I just want to know if, for example, there is a type of shower I could buy that can cope with my three children constantly running taps and flushing toilets when I am in the shower!

If it is relevant, I have a combi boiler.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
A thermostatic mixer valve will go a long way to alleviate the problem. We have one in our caravan and it does work but we still get brief fluctuations if somebody runs water somewhere else. Since you have a combi, both sides of the mixer will be fed with mains pressure water and what you need to do is minimise the possibility of pressure difference at the mixer itself.

The greater the length of pipe between the hot and cold pick-up points - and the more toilets, sinks, etc connected there - the bigger that difference can get. Can you tee in very close to the boiler so that the only pressure drop is across its heat exchanger? :idea: :idea: :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back