Shower not turning off when switched off

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have a triton t90sr it's working fine apart from when switched off it continues to run water at a slower speed for about 5 mins . Also I have turned the shower to cold only setting and water runs at a slower speed for even longer after it has been turned off.it will only turn off if it is switched on to heat water again and turned off. I have turned off electricity and water still flows. Hope that makes sense . Any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
Ok does that mean I have to change the whole valve or just the solenoid ?

The solenoid . It's what opens or closes the water flow into the shower.

Sponsored Links
Usually just the solenoid - about £10 not sure in Ireland.

Ok great thanks I will get a solinoid online have replaced one on a previous shower

The solenoid . It's what opens or closes the water flow into the shower.

No!!
The solenoid, when powered, opens the solenoid's VALVE. The solenoid is just a coil of wire. When the power is removed the valve shuts, therefore it cannot be the solenoid. You must replace the valve, though it's usually only sold with the solenoid attached.

Solenoid valve ,probably needs replacing.
Sorry for the confusion ,I was not referring to just the electro magnet , as meldrew mate quite rightly points out ,it's the solenoid valve. It's the valve that the solenoid operates . The plastic assembly that the coil attatches to.

Ok so I need to replace the whole thing and that would probably mean a plumber ?

So am I right in saying I need to replace the whole of number 5 here ?

Attachments

• 20200503_162249.jpg
    20200503_162249.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 582

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back