Shower Option Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyway of using a cold main and a hot supply from a bathroom feed to supply a shower?? I know that this is not usual, but the supply from the cylinder and tank, are extremely awkward to get to. This is a house that has three bathrooms, and was designed and built by a web designer, not a straight thinking builder/plumber etc.

I reakise that an electric shower is an option with a cold main located in the bathroom, but the electric run to the consumer board is also a nightmare!!!

Help!!!

Sponsored Links
There is a solution to your problem - a venturi shower valve.

It works by using the flow from the cold supply to boost the flow from the hot service.

The best such valve available in the UK, AFAIK, is the Trevi Boost.

When installing, you should attempt to arrange for the hot supply to the shower to come from an air-free take off at the cylinder, e.g. an Essex flange (my preference), or, failing that, a Surrey flange.

You should fit the check valves that the manufacturer stipulates. Full bore check valves are available and advisable.

Softus said:
There is a solution to your problem - a venturi shower valve.

It works by using the flow from the cold supply to boost the flow from the hot service.

The best such valve available in the UK, AFAIK, is the Trevi Boost.

When installing, you should attempt to arrange for the hot supply to the shower to come from an air-free take off at the cylinder, e.g. an Essex flange (my preference), or, failing that, a Surrey flange.

You should fit the check valves that the manufacturer stipulates. Full bore check valves are available and advisable.
The guy just said the cylinder access is a pig so does this not defeat the purpose son

Is there no way you can run a new cold feed from the CWS tank in the loft (presuming its in the loft) to the bathroom in question?

Failing that you could always fit a small tank somewhere more accessible, to supply a tank fed cold supply to your shower?

Sponsored Links
petetheleak said:
The guy just said the cylinder access is a pig so does this not defeat the purpose son
I don't think there's enough information to be certain about that either way.

If you think there is, then why not say so. :idea:

petetheleak said:
Think there is what son :?:
I haven't the first clue what that was supposed to mean.

Sounds like your being a wee bit facetious here
On the basis of that statement I'd say you don't know me very well.

eezer said:
Is there anyway of using a cold main and a hot supply from a bathroom feed to supply a shower?? I know that this is not usual, but the supply from the cylinder and tank, are extremely awkward to get to. This is a house that has three bathrooms, and was designed and built by a web designer, not a straight thinking builder/plumber etc.

I reakise that an electric shower is an option with a cold main located in the bathroom, but the electric run to the consumer board is also a nightmare!!!

Help!!!

There is never an easy option. :(
Have you considered tying up a bucket with holes driled in the bottom and have someone pour warm water in while you stand under it ?.

Balenza said:
Trevi have stopped manufacturing them.
Whereas Trevi said:
We can confirm that we are still manufacturing the Trevi Boost and have not been informed of any changes for the foreseeable future.

I can also confirm that we carry spares for Ideal Shower valves which were discontinued over 10 years ago.

Regards

<name withheld>
UK Brassware/Commercial Technical Advisor
Ideal Standard
The Bathroom Works
National Avenue
Hull
HU5 4HS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back