Shower Pan with Cement Fibre Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I fitted a shower into my bathroom when I renovated it just over a year ago and due to where the drain pipe from the shower tray is I've had to buy a raised shower tray but have found that it's cracked and looking at the reviews (ironically AFTER the warranty ran out) I see loads of people saying how badly it's supported and that's why it's split so I've been looking at potentially putting in my own shower pan but have seen they all seem to be around putting a flat bed of mortar down, putting the membrane down and then putting another layer of mortar down but due to the height between the bathroom floor and the top of the drain hole (being high) it would mean a massive amount of mortar going down so would I be ok putting a wooden frame in the base of the shower, covering this with cement fibre board and then putting the membrane on that and then just a single thinner layer of mortar on there ?

Any advice would be great
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've built many raised plinths in bathrooms to sit trays on. Never had an issue. Just make your plinth strong and allow for future access of pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back