Shower panel with Sure seal strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have gutted and removed all the tiles I installed nearly 20 years ago in my bathroom, I'm thinking of using a Shower Panel on the walls as it's easier to clean and has no grout to worry about going off colour or moldy overtime. Looking at various websites some recommend a sure seal strip at the base (below image).
104321.jpg

My question to anyone who has installed this is what method do you use to fit the shower enclosure up to it or on it?

Do you try to cut the strip that you'd fix to the wall (that the glass screen slots into) with a small triangle profile notch somehow or do you just fit it to the edge of the sure seal strip butting it together?

I just seem not fully grasp the later being water tight. I know it's at the edge of the shower tray but still water could eventually trickle though somehow over time?

(Edit To date 105 views with not one reply - you're a quiet lot on this part of the forum!)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi
Just found this post and Im having the exact same problem of what to do,can I ask what you ended up doing to get the enclosure to fit flush against the wall panel.

Andy

I'm taking panels/strips flush to the edge of the tray, then notching/grinding the vertical shower screen support to the same shape and fixing that 30mm in from the edge.

Sponsored Links
It's possible that you won't get any replies as this is the tilers section and I would think these panels are potentially taking work from them as they can be fitted without the need for a tiler. I'm an ex-tiler who is currently building a house and even though I've already bought the tiles I am also considering switching to panels for the apparent ease of fitment and maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back