Shower panelling on moisture resistant plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you stick shower panelling straight on to moisturiser resistant plasterboard? If sealed first?

Sponsored Links
Yes. I would also tank the whole area first though.

I would highly recommend tanking any wet space that has plasterboard walls and chipboard floors. Tape seal and tank all the way down and over the shower tray plinth too before the tray goes in if there is to be one.

I've put moisture resistant flooring down. Would it be best to seal the moisture on with ova or fedbond?

Would it be best to seal the moisture on with ova or fedbond?
Assuming you mean PVA or Febond, neither.
Those products are not sealants and they are not waterproof.
Plasterboard and chipboard in a shower area is asking for trouble.

Sponsored Links
If you are putting in plasterboard and P5 chipboard flooring then tank the space or it will come back to bite you.

If you haven't boarded yet, use proper bathroom / tile boards that are waterproof/water resistant and won't rot of transmit moisture.

Assuming you mean PVA or Febond, neither.
Those products are not sealants and they are not waterproof.
Plasterboard and chipboard in a shower area is asking for trouble.
It's been boarded with moisture resistant board. Is there anything I can seal it with?

Thanks, is there anything that can be used just to seal the boards without going down the full tanking route. Though I know this would be better.

The Mapei kit is an excellent choice ... just prepare well and apply at least 2 good coats ... adds a days work to the job to apply and leave overnight but well worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back