Shower pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am in the very final stages of my bathroom refurb.

I am connecting the mains fed shower valve and shower head this weekend but have one question:

At present I have drilled 2x 10mm holes for the shower pipes to protrude through the wall ready to connect the valve (one hot and one cold pipe).

I will need to put some form of filler or grout around the pipes to hold them firmly in this 10mm hole, bearing in mind that the shower valve is mounted and secured solely on the protruding pipes.

I was considering using tile adhesive around the pipes, letting it set overnight then mounting the valves, however I am concerned about any chemical reactions with the copper pipework.

Can anyone suggest a suitable filler material or any other clever ideas?

I'll post my bathroom project photos from start to finish in the case studies section when complete next week.

Thankyou!

Sponsored Links
10mm pipes :eek:

what shower is it make/model ?
no shower valve hangs on the pipes only and don't use 10mm supplies.

Sponsored Links
I think the OP means 15mm and I would recommend something like Plastic Padding if he's going to rely on the copper pipes to support the valve.

...oops sorry! I meant 30mm diameter holes for the 15mm copper pipes!

right but you useally need to fit the doglegs to connect the 15mm pipe to the 3/4" shower valve.
or use a concealed bracket etc.

p4759171_x.jpg

Thanks seco. The concealed bracket would have been a good idea in hindsight but the tiling is complete now so I don't want to rip out the tiling.

What filler material would be best to hold the pipes securely? ...Rigidraider you mentioned plastic padding?

fit these then
prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

how was you intending on fixing the pipes to the shower then ?

if you use these just run some silicone around the pipes.
then the brackets take the weight not the pipes

Brilliant thanks seco. Where can I get these from?

The shower comes with dome covers. I had simply fitted a 15mm to 3/4" adaptor on the end of the dog legs and was then going to just set the pipes in place with some kind of filler, then screw the dome covers on and fit the valve.

The shower comes with dome covers.
yep

I had simply fitted a 15mm to 3/4" adaptor on the end of the dog legs
if you have used the doglegs you shouldn't need an adaptor as they are 15mm x 3/4" already.
how have you connected the dogleg to the pipe.
by one of these
chl100_75.jpg

have you a pic ?
or drawing ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back