Shower Pressure Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope you can help, getting to my wits end with this one...

We have a positive, vented system (cold water tank in the loft) with a Salamander shower pump (1.5 or 2 bar I think) powering two showers. The pressure used to be superb but recently its less than it was. The pump is still doing something because it slows to almost a dribble with the pump off.

I've replaced the shower hose and rose (no better) and today I tried a replacement pump (also no better). So this has to suggest a problem in the pipework between pump and shower or the shower cartridge? I replaced the cartridge a year or so ago because of a drip, so this is relatively new.

A couple of further facts:

- if I disconnect the outbound hoses from the pump and run water into a bucket there's loads of pressure

- the second shower appears to be less pressure too, hence my thought it must be the pump, but this might be my imagination

- the distance from pump to shower is about 10 feet of pipework

- we live in a hard water area so there is a propensity for limescale build-up

- we have the problem with only one shower running and it's no worse when running two

Hope there's someone who can help, and that I've provided enough sensible, specific info. Looking forward to a power shower again!

Thanks!
David

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back