Shower pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I have a problem and thats why i'm here for advice.

I have a gravity fed shower and it is fitted with the hose and shower rail to the wall. When the showerhead is on the rail to the wall it dribbles and non existant but when I remove the head of the rail and lower it to the ground then it starts to pour out but poorly and then when I lift it again it stops,

What could be the problem and how would I be able to resslove it??

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Hi Bacho no its a flat and its just higher that the shower cubicle, it was ok before, could it be the shower valve faulty or a blockage in the pipework, how could I check it out?

Thanks mate

Try it with the shower head removed.

Check tank is filling up or read FAQs on airlock. :D

Sponsored Links
sorry just forgot to mention to you that its just the hot side of the shower having the problem as the cold is perfect, thanks again

If whats been suggested so far does not fix it try checking any filters in the hot water side of things. work back from the hand set.

Has the flow recently diminished and was ok before of have you just moved in.

Tim

Hi Tim yeah I had the flat redecorated and was out of the place for a while and it was ok before that but now its just stopped working, good idea to check filters, will have a go,

thanks very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back