Shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What pressure will i have with showers running of a worcester heatslave condensing combination boiler with an unvented cylinder?

Been looking in magazines, stating required pressures of these shower heads.Help :oops:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you really mean what flow rate will you get.

You also seem confused about your HW system. Is it a combi boiler or an unvented cylinder? The Heatslave is classed as a combi boiler and the HW flow rate available will be given by the manufacturer (see your manual or Worcs. website).

Plumber(can't get hold of to ask these questions! :evil: ) has told me that boiler is a condensing boiler with an external unvented cylinder which will allow me to run shower plus bath same time.(large house)

Told me to chose showers for him to know pipe centres of mixers. On magazines they state min/max working pressure, nothing about flow rate. :oops:

It's still not clear whether the Heatslave stands alone or has an additional external unvented cylinder as you say your plumber says. I'm surprised that someone who describes themselves as selfbuildy doesn't even know if they have an unvented cylinder or not. The Heatslave normally has a built-in hot water store which is technically like an unvented cylinder.

Either way, the static pressure will be mains pressure which varies from 1 to 5 Bar. You should find that almost any thermostatic shower mixer will work happily at these pressures, but check the manufacturer's instructions (you can usually download these from their web site).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for info Chris.

Boiler has has an additional external unvented cylinder(sounded pretty clear to me. ;) ) Sorry to sound a bit 'dizzy', so many decisions to make in a short space of time! :oops:

Just panicking a bit! Now ordered shower mixers. If pressure is not good enough, then tough :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back