shower probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone. say there was an consumer unit (100amp main switch) all ways were full (2x32a socket, 1x40a shower, 3x6a lighting) the mcbs rating are past the 100amp main switch rating but the load is not because the main switch/fuse isent tripping i was wondering if i wanted to put a new 7.5 kw (max draw 32.7 amp) shower in would it be advisable to make the 3 lighting circuits into 2 because i no they can handle it leaving one spare way for the shower or take out the main 100a fuse connect the tails into a henley block just after the meter and supple the main consumer unit and a shower consumer unit. thats my question but also i was wondering why this is possibly and why people do this when the supply authorities cartridge fuse is 100amp why does this not blow? thanks o and the main c/u has rcd protection

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hi everyone. say there was an consumer unit (100amp main switch) all ways were full (2x32a socket, 1x40a shower, 3x6a lighting) the mcbs rating are past the 100amp main switch rating but the load is not because the main switch/fuse isent tripping i was wondering if i wanted to put a new 7.5 kw (max draw 32.7 amp) shower in would it be advisable to make the 3 lighting circuits into 2 because i no they can handle it leaving one spare way for the shower or take out the main 100a fuse connect the tails into a henley block just after the meter and supple the main consumer unit and a shower consumer unit. thats my question but also i was wondering why this is possibly and why people do this when the supply authorities cartridge fuse is 100amp why does this not blow? thanks o and the main c/u has rcd protection

Diversity means that every electrical connection is never on at the same time i.e. your electrics dont pull 100amp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back