Shower pump connection from hot water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I connect my shower pump to the hot water tank outlet pipe is it sufficient to tap in to the pipe low down to prevent air being sucked in or is it essential to rearrange my pipework at the top of the cylinder to achieve a 30 to 60 degree angle to the vertical pipe to prevent syphoning of air?
I am fitting a 3 bar twin impellor pump and I have a gravity fed system but the water pressure is poor, hence needing a pump

many thanks
:D

Sponsored Links
one solution to this problem is to use something called an essex flange. Essentially it means cutting a hole into the top of the hw cylinder, fit the flange, and run from this, a dedicated HW pipe just for the shower.

er, side of the cylinder, not top! They take minutes to fit - much easier than plumbing!

Essex flange sounds a good solution, can you buy a kit which includes all of the stuff needed, e.g cutter and seals and where can I buy one, I live in Durham. B&Q dont stock them nor Plumb Centre
:D

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to all of you for your advice, I should be able to get this job finished now
cheers to all
:D :D :D

WARIX OR SURREY fittings on hot water tank would be easier to fit as essex flanges are not rec by some manufacturers :LOL:

Easier to fit? Can't see doing a Surrey in the time an Essex takes. Any idea why there's an objection to an Essex? Only hint I ever saw was that unless the pipe goes well into the cylinder, it can collect air bubbles rising on the inside - so you need the "non stop end" one.

Stuart Turner recommend them. Mira say all flanges are dangerous because it's possible to expose an electric immersion heater. But Mira don't do 4 bar pumps...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back