Shower Pump or not... Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a combi boiler a Ravenheat :cry: I have a mixer tap with shower attachment on bath and I use this to shower. As the water temp is not constant and I have been told (Via a previous forum question) this is normal I am wondering what the best option is.
The power of the water is OK, it could be better but is very acceptable, all I want is for it to be a constant temperature.
Money is a little tight so I don't want to spend anymore than 200-300 pounds. Hope U can help, thanks

Sponsored Links
Plain bath/shower mixers are fine on combis as a rule. Just sort your combi out!

You should have thermostatic control if showering from a combi that would regulate the temperature. Check this out
Apart from that the temperature shouldnt fluctuate too much with an even flow rate. Try a couple of thermistors in your combi

Sponsored Links
Slugbabydotcom said:
You should have thermostatic control if showering from a combi that would regulate the temperature. Check this out
Apart from that the temperature shouldnt fluctuate too much with an even flow rate. Try a couple of thermistors in your combi

HI, I went to Lidl and got the thermostate controller, it says 'easy to fit' on box. I think this means by plumber!!

It has a hot and cold inlet on bottom and one outlet on top.

My tap at moment is mixer tap with a 4 foot long shower hose coming from top in middle of taps, you switch between bath and shower by moving lever across, lever is in between taps.

To use the thing I have bought from Lidl will I now need completly different taps etc??

I have a feeling the LIDL taps are not designed to fit into the UK standard width bath holes. Check the width between the connections.

On the continent, they generally mount the taps on pipes coming out of the wall, above the bath.- Yes I've just had a look at their pictures, their shower tap and bath taps are all shown on the wall.

dal5band said:
I have a feeling the LIDL taps are not designed to fit into the UK standard width bath holes. Check the width between the connections.

On the continent, they generally mount the taps on pipes coming out of the wall, above the bath.- Yes I've just had a look at their pictures, their shower tap and bath taps are all shown on the wall.
I went to local Liddle and they`d sold out by 10 o clock :mad: So if you want to sell me yours @ cost+postage..email`s in my profile....it`s the £15.00 thermo,yes?

[ I went to local Liddle and they`d sold out by 10 o clock :mad: So if you want to sell me yours @ cost+postage..email`s in my profile....it`s the £15.00 thermo,yes?[/quote]

I found mine in the Lidl at Old Kent Road, SE1 London, they had loads.

What I want to know is how to fit the bloody things!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back