Shower Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My old thermostatic shower was of a 'bulbus' shape and cheapest is 230 quid in this style to accommodate pipes 140mm apart (no stretch in pipes to allow 150mm).

I have seen much cheaper bar shaped thermostatic showers but my plumber says different pipework needed to accommodate this type? I have two pipe ends sticking out of my wall 140mm apart, why can't I have one of these cheaper bar types, am baffled!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a case of just extending one of the pipes as the pipe centres will probably be 150 mm.

Can you do a bit of pipework :?:

Sponsored Links
You can get bar mixers with 'off-set' connections. That should open up the 140mm to 150mm to accommodate a bar mixer. I think the mixer I fitted the other week with this option was manufactured by Swirl.

Hope this helps :)

tincup already suggested a mixer that can have varible pipe centres, didn't see :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back