Please help me understand my problem and what I can do about it!!

Sponsored Links
In amongst the willy waving (lol) someone asked about flow when another tap was open. Short answer is no but one guy did put a device on the tap and set it to 1 bar to "simulate" a combi and flow went down to 10ishl/min

Is that comparable/relevant or no?

And Dan Robinson, you mentioned the cylinder going in the loft which was our first idea. We are now thinking of putting the cylinder down out the way in our ground floor utility room next to the boiler.

Is there any operational difference based on where it is sited? Hoping it means cheaper!!! Haha

Sponsored Links
Oh really? Why is that? Safety or effectiveness?

Only reason we have thought it is to avoid pipes running up the walls in my lads bedroom to the loft

Cheers dan and all the other guys who have contributed. So an unvented it is with or without an accumulator depending on what comes out when it's done.

That and hoping my 16 year old potterton doesn't blow up! Only just had the pcb replaced so should be ok for a few years...

The upper limit isn't the problem.
Which boilers modulate below 6KW (combi or system)? Again, not a challenge but a question. Do you not think it worthwhile to range rate the high output of a combi to suit the requirements of the system? I understand that low levels of circa 3KW could be desirable, but to my knowledge, are not at present available.

Sadly options are very limited, Vokera being the more underrated. Interesting things are afoot with Veissman and those with Sermenta burners.

But this is why combis, especially high powered ones, are a poor alternative.

But he designed houses during the 1900s !
His concept about houses and homes is still valid.

http://www.theguardian.com/artandde...ter-segal-architect-london-housing-exhibition

My friend John Segal says that the lady who wrote that article lives in one of the Segal houses and is some kind of enthusiast of them.

He thinks that IF your Segal house is still standing then she might like to speak to you. If it is, could you email your number to me to pass on to her?

Because the construction of the houses was cheap, many have apparently been bought and demolished and replaced with a substantial brick house to enhance the value.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back